Covid 19 Update
- March 23, 2020
Physical Therapists are ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL
Importance of message is that patients continue with their therapy as directed by physician. Patients should not put off therapy in order for them to continue progressing. Post Surgical patients, critical to recovery and mobility.
TO OUR VALUED PATIENTS
During this COVID-19 Pandemic, El Paso Physical Therapy Services (EPPTS) is placing the safety of our patient’s first by abiding by CDC, state and local guidelines. We have taken measures to make our clinic a safe place for your physical therapy needs:
- All employees have been trained on COVID-19 risk factors and protective behaviors
- Patient scheduling was modified to abide by the social distancing guidelines
- Temperature screening was implemented for all employees and patients
- All employees are utilizing facial coverings with recommendation for patients to use as well
- Hand sanitizer and gloves are available for employees and patients
- Reduction of crowd in lobby – family members are asked to not accompany the patient into the facility
- Reduce face-to-face interactions by use of telehealth appointments, video or phone calls to provide treatment without a physical appointment
EPPTS takes the health of their patients seriously and are taking efforts to ensure every precaution is utilized to minimize exposure to the coronavirus.
At every visit you will be asked the following questions:
- Yes_____ No _____ Are you currently sick?
- Yes_____ No _____ Have you had symptoms of a cough or respiratory condition?
- Yes_____ No _____ Or experienced at least two of these symptoms: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell?
- Yes_____ No _____ Have you traveled to any other countries including Juarez, MX, and/or visited a place in the US where there is a community outbreak?
- Yes_____ No _____ Have you been in close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment and we will get through this together!!